Sunday, October 30, 2011

Non-Cookie Baking Endeavors

This post is sort of just to post, and mark everything I bake between now and New Years.... 
Well, this isn't really anything new, but I'm just putting this in here, showing that I baked now. This is my family's DELICIOUS, AMAZING, TOTALLY FANTABULOUS, SECRETIVE, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! Adored by many, including Carie, our strange old babysitter who got us into two car crashes. (Insdide joke) Aaaaaaaanyways, I can't really put the recipe up, because then it wouldn't really be a secret, would it? But I can tell you that it is DA BOMB DIGEDY! (I hope that's how you spell it...)

We (being my sister and me) also made a scrum-diddly-UMPtious pumpkin cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting- to put in two words, a yum ball. Or a ball of yum. The essence of yum. Yum in a package. Yum in disguise (as something yummy-looking.) Yum made easy, etc. (Or ect?) (etc, right?) It was moist. It was cream-cheesy. It was fall-y (or if you like it better, autumn-y.) It was... delicious. And made for an ESPECIALLY important occasion- my Dad's birthday!

Strawberry Shortbread bars! (Not to be confused with Strawberry Shortcake, because that is a doll/ action figure.) THESE THINGS ARE RICH! But amazing. A layer of crust, then jelly, then a layer of filling, and then a glaze. YUM! (I really need to think of other adjectives...) They can be cut into small pieces. The important ingredients are: butter, almond extract, sugar, and flour. I hope those give you an idea of the flavor and consistency. And it may not sound like it, but almond extract and strawberry jelly go together surprisingly well! So well that it is deeeeeeel-IIIIIIIIII-scious. (the "IIIIII" should be in a higher voice, for the full effect of writing it that way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment