Monday, April 2, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Scones with Brown Sugar Glaze

Yes, banana bread put into scone form, now, one word is coming to the forefront of my mind- YUM! but I seem to use that word a lot don't !? So, I shall go to a trusty thesaurus! I hope it counts "yum" as a word...

Under yummy, the thesaurus says: ambrosial, appetizing, choicedelectable,delightfuldivineenticingfit for a king, good,heavenlyjuicylusciousmouthwatering,nectarous, out of this world, palatablepiquant,pleasantrichsapid, savoryscrumptious,spicysucculentsupersweettastefultasty,temptingtoothsome



I don't know about nectarous, since these certainly do not taste like nectar, I would not be giving it a rave review if it did. Nor is it spicy, last time I checked, that's not a synonym for "yummy" what if you had a really good sourdough bread, and you taste it, and then look at whoever made it and said, "That's spicy!" I think I would be quite concerned if my bread was spicy... The same for sweet. And I'm not quite sure what toothsome is supposed to mean... I guess it means yummy, but toothsome? Some tooth? Hm.. maybe something that pleases your tooth? I don't know, it's the English language!


Anyways, I kind of got distracted- These. Scones. Are. Amazing. And there's only about 4 tablespoons of sugar in them, so they're practically healthy! But don't worry, they aren't bland and like weird un-sweet bitter banana scones, no, no, the scones themselves taste good, but they also have a DELICIOUS brown sugar glaze made of butter, milk, and vanilla extract, you know, the ushe (usual, but you know when people just shorten  it to like you-sh, just like the sound the "us" makes of it, and I'm spending a lot more time explaining this than necessary, but you know what I mean hopefully!)  and then-more than all of those combined- brown sugar and powdered sugar! So I kind of just wanted to like drink that but I think then I would puke, and I'm getting one of those sweet sores- so no more sugar for me, because I'm going on vacation soon, and I want it to be gone by then for maximum vacation enjoyment!


My family has also sampled some and their thoughts are-
Mommy- FANTASTIC! Even better than banana bread!
Daddy- Warm, moist, and delicious!
Ethan- 6 out of 10.
Me- (see above)
If you want a tough critic with no experience to back his judging with, then you should look at Ethan's comments, but otherwise I suggest you don't take the bad ones to heart, and the good ones as a sign of the food being amazing. I think he secretly likes these.


So basically, to sum this post up into three words- YUM! MAKE THEM!


Although, if you would like that grammatically correct and embellished to sound more fancy, it would be more like thirteen words-These are really quite delicious, you should make them whenever you next can!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh those sound incredible! Do you think you'll have any leftovers you can save for me? I am recovering from one of those sweet sores right now too... so I am taking a night off from dessert. But tomorrow I am making brownies with peanut butter cream cheese frosting from Joy The Baker's cookbook - yum! =)

    p.s. You should post pictures with your posts! I want some visual evidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, well, I don't think we could save them that long, they will get stale, but I can make you some more! yeah, i'm having one for breakfast and then NO MORE dessert until Harry Potter World!
    Brownies with peanut butter cream cheese frosting, huh? YUM! I will get soem pictures up right away! This instant!

    ReplyDelete