Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chocolate and Orange Sandwich Cookies

This week I made Chocolate and Orange Sandwich Cookies from 500 cookies. I choose them because I like the taste of chocolate and orange together and I wanted to see if they were as good as the Chocolate and Orange scones I made. (Verdict: Well, they are full chocolate with a stronger orange taste, so they are better. But not by that much.) I found these cookies delicious, but there could be some slight adjustments to the recipe to make them even better. For me, that is. After questioning my family I have come up with these opinions:

Mom: Wow! I like the subtle hint of orange. (Personally I am surprised at this because I found the Orange quite strong)

Dad: I like the combination!

Brother (you can't expect it to be good): They're good. (oh well)

If I were to do this recipe again, I would rather not add the orange zest to the frosting, because it make the frosting grainy in texture. I also might take away a little bit of the orange juice from the frosting to make it less orangy. I might just be more sensitive to it, but I found the orange very strong, and a little too strong for my liking.

Here is the recipe from 500 Cookies:

(I will add this later, but right now I need to post this!)

2 comments:

  1. I like your ideas about adapting the recipe! Really shows that you have a creative knack for baking and knowing what will taste good/better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will add pictures for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete