Sunday, March 6, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints


I choose this recipe for 2 reasons 1) it was simple, and I only had one day and 2) PB+J sandwiches are basically my absolute favorite food! (I say basically because there are plenty other delicious foods out there!)
This recipe is from 500 Cookies :

Ingredients:
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup (8 ounces) peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup raspberry jelly or Nutella*

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C)

Combine all the ingredients, except for the jelly in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.

Roll the mixture into 1 in. (2.5 cm.) balls. If they are a bit sticky, use a little flour on your fingers.

Place the balls onto non-stick baking sheets about 2 in. (5cm.) apart and, using a floured thumb, make a deep impression in each ball of dough. Bake for 10- 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

Fill each impression with Jelly. Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days.

This is supposed to make 3 dozen.

*One variation of this recipe is to add 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips to the dough, and then fill the impressions with Nutella. (If you have never heard of Nutella for some strange reason, it is next to the peanut butter in a grocery store.)

Doesn't your mouth just water?

4 comments:

  1. Hey! You posted this only like 9 minutes ago! I am such a prompt reader! I should get the #1 reader award! Anyway, I love the changes to the design : ) And those cookies look delightful. Were they yummy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just told you about it via e-mail, but you are way prompter than me! So far you ARE the #1 reader (out of two, sadly.) Well, I have only had one but yes, they were Yummy Yummmy in my Tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, wait a minute -- I'm a #1 fan, too! And, even better yet, a #1 Taster!! It's important to have quality control tasters, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I have fans galore! And I have the very finest quality control tasters!

    ReplyDelete